Airline pilot. We make it happen.
Thousands of our graduates are now flying with major airlines worldwide thanks to our state-of-the-art facilities, world-class training, quality instructors and relationships with global airlines.
Whether you have little or no flying experience, or are looking to develop your piloting skills, L3Harris Airline Academy offers a range of pilot training courses, regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) or European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) for those who want their career to take off.
From our Integrated ATPL course to our Modular ATPL route, L3Harris Airline Academy is determined to provide you with an unparalleled learning experience and equip you with the skills to become a successful pilot.How to become a pilot
As a commercial pilot you will enjoy a rewarding career travelling the globe.
in pilot training
aircraft equipped with
the latest technology
L3Harris Airline Academy
UK & Europe pilot training courses
Our Integrated ATPL & Modular ATPL pilot training will take place at one, or multiple Academy locations in the UK and Portugal where cadets can begin their flying journey and work towards fulfilling their pilot aspirations and career goals.View our UK and Europe pilot training courses
See all of our pilot success stories
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. I’m sure we have all heard this quote at some point in our life. For me, it’s why I find myself at L3Harris training to be a pilot.
L3Harris Airline Academy
Why is L3Harris Airline Academy different?
At our Airline Academies, pilot cadets can complete a variety of aviation courses which are approved by the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority (UKCAA) and the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). From Integrated ATPL routes to Modular ATPL programmes we have something for everyone. Here are just some of the reasons why you should choose us:
- We have brand new state-of-the-art training facilities
- Access to over 100 single-engine and multi-engine aircraft with latest avionics technology
- We have been training pilots for over 40 years
- L3Harris’ Airline Standard Assurance Pathway (ASAP) gives you peace of mind during training and after with additional training above and beyond the course syllabus, should you need it, and access to the Graduate Placement Pool
- Support and advice with interview preparations and CV writing
Our pilot training academy is for those who really want their career to take off. Whether you’re just leaving school or later in life, discover what your future holds as a commercial pilot.
Am I guaranteed a job at the end of my pilot training?
You are not, but with our ATPL course you can opt-in to Airline Standard Assurance Pathway (ASAP) which has been designed to provide a level of reassurance throughout training and after you graduate that L3Harris is doing all it can do to help you qualify as a commercial pilot and find employment.
What qualifications do I need to commence my pilot training?
To begin pilot training you’ll need the following qualifications:
- A minimum of five GCSEs grade C/4 or above, or international equivalent, for example in Portugal: Secondary School (Year 12) completion certificate; which must include Maths, English and Science
You will also need:
- UKCAA Class 1 Medical Certification (without restrictions for UKCAA licence) or EASA Class 1 Medical Certification (without restrictions) for an EASA licence
- You must have the unrestricted right to live, study and work in either the UK or the European Economic Area (EEA)/Switzerland depending on where you study. Alternatively, you will have to meet the United Kingdom Visa & Immigration Service (UKVI) or EU requirements to qualify for an applicable visa enabling you to study. Further details on visa requirements are listed on individual course pages
- Produce a clean criminal record check (CRC) basic disclosure certificate
How much does pilot training cost and how can I fund my pilot training?
The cost of pilot training varies depending on the course you’re looking to undertake.
- Our UKCAA Integrated ATPL course price starts from £79,950 - Find out more here
- Our EASA Integrated ATPL course price starts from 78.000€ - Find out more here
- Our Modular ATPL course prices start from £2,400 - Find out more here
All our training programmes are self-funded by way of either savings or a loan secured typically against a UK property. We are not able to offer any financial advice however, we would suggest that potential candidates speak with their families and a variety of banks, lenders and independent financial advisers who will be best placed to discuss the products that may be available. For more information, please read our guide to funding.
Where are your Airline Academies based?
We have Airline Academies based in the UK - Bournemouth, Cranfield and Crawley - and Portugal - Ponte de Sor.
Our Bournemouth Academy is equipped with modern training aircraft and an experienced team of instructors to propel your dream of becoming a pilot.
Our Cranfield Academy offers cadets single and multi-engine flying and benefits including access to ILS, NDB and GNSS approaches and an 1800m runway with digital ATC tower.
Our London Training Centre in Crawley is where cadets will complete their ground school training and advanced pilot training with access to eight RealitySeven Full Flight Simulators.
Our Ponte de Sor Academy in Portugal covers all areas of flight training.
Have L3Harris Airline Academy secured any employment opportunities for graduate cadets in 2021?
Yes. In fact, our Placement teams found 42 graduates in the UK and Europe employment opportunities between August 2021 and November 2021.
These employment opportunities, alongside increasing demand for international travel, are both really strong signs that the aviation industry is recovering and also allow us to look to the future with renewed energy.
Flight schools and
We have flight schools across the UK and Europe. Each of our L3Harris flight schools are modern sites equipped with the latest training facilities from training aircraft, flight training devices to flight simulators to help you learn how to become a successful commercial pilot.View all of our training locations