L3Harris Airline Academy
Ready to pursue your dream of becoming a pilot? When you start your aviation training with L3Harris, you’re not only learning to fly, you're training to become the best commercial airline pilot possible.
We Make it Happen.
Since completing training, thousands of our graduates are now flying with major airlines worldwide thanks to our state-of-the-art training facilities, world-class flight training, quality Instructors and relationships with global airlines.
We offer a range of pilot training courses, regulated by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) or European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) for those who want their career to take off.
From our Integrated ATPL course and Degree Programme to our Flexible ATPL and Modular ATPL, the training at L3Harris Airline Academy provides you with an unparalleled learning experience and equips to become a successful pilot.
We have aviation schools across the UK and U.S. Our flight schools are modern sites equipped with the latest facilities, from pilot training aircraft and Flight Training Devices to Full Flight Simulators.
- London Training Centre, Crawley - UK
- Orlando Flight School - U.S.
- Cranfield Training Centre - UK
Why Choose L3Harris?
- Relationships with airlines across the globe
- Integration of Flight Data Analytics within our flight training
- Access to over 100 single-engine and multi-engine aircraft
- We have been training pilots for over 40 years
- The L3Harris Training Assurance and Graduate Placement Pool
Hear From Our Students
Head over to our blog page to hear from L3Harris students past and present as they share their stories.
From the challenges of ground school and hitting the skies for the very first time, to graduating and gaining employment at an airline, the journey to becoming a pilot is one you'll never forget.
Explore Our Facilities
Airline Academy FAQs
What qualifications do I need to commence my pilot training?
To begin pilot training at our Airline Academy you’ll need the following qualifications:
- A minimum of five GCSEs grade C/4 or above, or international equivalent; which must include Maths, English and Science
You will also need:
- UKCAA Class 1 Medical Certification (without restrictions for UKCAA licence) or EASA Class 1 Medical Certification (without restrictions) for an EASA licence
- Visa - if required - to study in our flight training locations. Further details on visa requirements are listed on individual course pages
- Produce a clean criminal record check (CRC) basic disclosure certificate
How much does pilot training cost and how can I fund my pilot training?
The cost of pilot training varies depending on the course you’re looking to undertake.
- Our Integrated ATPL course price starts from £94,960 (including bespoke accommodation offering) - Find out more here
- Other courses and programmes
All our commercial pilot training programmes are self-funded by way of either savings or a loan secured typically against a UK property. We are not able to offer any financial advice however, we would suggest that potential candidates speak with their families and a variety of banks, lenders and independent financial advisers who will be best placed to discuss the products that may be available. For more information, please read our guide to funding.
Am I guaranteed a job at the end of my pilot training?
You are not at the end of your flight training, but with our ATPL course you have access to the L3Harris Training Assurance and Graduate Placement Pool as standard.
Where are your Airline Academies based?
We have Airline Academies based in the UK (Cranfield and Crawley) and Orlando, Florida, USA.
Our Cranfield Academy offers cadets single and multi-engine flying and benefits including access to ILS, NDB and GNSS approaches and an 1800m runway with digital ATC tower.
Our London Training Centre in Crawley is where cadets will complete their ground school training and advanced pilot training with access to eight RealitySeven Full Flight Simulators.
Our Integrated ATPL, Flexible ATPL and BSc (Hons) Aviation - Pilot Programme cadets complete the basic flight training portion of their training from our Orlando Flight School in Florida - based at Sanford International Airport!
Have L3Harris Airline Academy secured any employment opportunities for graduate cadets?
Yes. At the time of writing (May 2023), thanks to the hard work of our Graduate Placement team and our strong airline relationships, more than 300 graduates have found employment with airlines since 2022.
Airline Academy Open Day: London Training Centre - June 24, 2023
Join us at our state-of-the-art London Training Centre for the L3Harris Airline Academy Open Day.
Please use the form below to contact our team for more information on our Airline Academy.