How do I become a pilot?
- Categories Entry criteria & eligibility, Career prospects
To become a pilot you will need an Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) and a Class 1 Medical Certificate.
These are the steps you need to take to become a pilot:
- Check you meet the entry criteria & have the common skills required to become a pilot
- Complete the selection process to enrol on a pilot training course
- Complete ground school training
- Undertake foundation flight training
- Complete commercial and instrument flight training
- Undertake intermediate flight training
- Complete an airline placement (ATPL students only)
- Undertake advanced pilot training
- Congratulations! You are now ready to begin your aviation career as a First Officer!