What is EASA?

  • Categories Course, Location

EASA is the European Union Aviation Safety Agency who are responsible for ensuring a high and uniform level of safety in civil aviation in Europe. They oversee the implementation of common safety rules and measures.

To be able to fly a commercial aircraft registered in the European Union, you must have an ATPL licence issued by EASA. 

It is important to note that due to Brexit, as of the 1st January 2023, the UK no longer recognises EASA-issued licences which means to be able to fly commercially for a UK airline, you will need to obtain a UKCAA or dual licence. Get in touch with us to discuss the changes in regulations and how this may affect you.

Contact us