What is the difference between EASA and UKCAA?

  • Categories Course, Location

A UKCAA Licence has been approved by the Civil Aviation Authority, of whom is a national regulatory body responsible for aviation. A CAA Licence enables you to operate a UK-registered aircraft only. For more information on non-EASA aircraft, please read here.

To obtain your UKCAA licence your pilot training is based at our flight school in the UK.

A EASA licence has been approved by the European Aviation Safety Agency and enables you to operate EASA aircraft. EASA aircraft fall under the regulations of the European Aviation Safety Agency.

To obtain your EASA licence your pilot training will be based across our flight schools in the UK, Ponte de Sor, Portugal and Ireland.