L3Harris Flight Academy
L3Harris Flight Academy and Republic Airways have joined forces to provide L3Harris cadets the unique opportunity of access to resources and guidance from Republic Airways to make a seamless transition from flight school to an airline career!
RJet Development Programs
Enrolling in our Professional Pilot Program or Accelerated Airline Pilot Track and meeting the minimum qualifications will provide you with the opportunity to apply to join one of the Republic Airways pilot training programs and ultimately, you may become a pilot for Delta Air Lines.
The RJet pilot training program and Pilot Prep Program helps make the transition from classroom to flight deck easy with special events, a preferred interview track support and mentoring from current Republic Airways pilots, as well as state-of-the-art Embraer E170/175 aircraft and more.
- Early introduction into the Republic Airways family
- Receive invitations to exclusive company events
- Qualify for our “Flight Time Initiative” program that will pay for your final 100 hours of flight time (including multi time). See more about this innovative program below
- Paid ATP-CTP course upon reaching ATP/R-ATP minimum flight experience requirements
- Paid hotel accommodations and ground transportation during the ATP-CTP
- Placement into the next open First Officer class upon reaching minimums
From Republic to Delta Air Lines
Step 1 - Enroll at L3Harris
The first step in your journey to becoming an airline pilot is to enroll in our Professional Pilot Program or Accelerated Airline Pilot Track at our Orlando flight academy. Both of these programs include accredited curriculum and airline oriented training that can take you from no experience to becoming a Certified Flight Instructor in as little as 15 months!
Step 2 - Join the Republic Airways pilot training program - RJet Pilot Prep Program
The next step is to apply to the RJet Pilot Prep Program. You become eligible after earning your Instrument Rating and Commercial License and this is when you could be offered a conditional offer of employment from one of America’s most popular regional carriers. Being accepted means you are eligible for Republic Airline's "Flight Time Initiative” program that will pay for your final 100 hours of flight time!
Step 3 - Build your experience
Those that complete our PPP or AAPT are guaranteed an interview to flight instruct at L3Harris in Florida. Our Instructors fly an average of 100 hours per month and 96% of our cadets who stay at L3Harris to instruct are placed at an airline! During the interview process the recruiter will seek to get to know you better as a pilot. There will also be a technical part to test your knowledge. This will include reading METAR and TAF, as well as the instruction of an approach using a Jeppesen chart. This part of the interview is conducted by a Republic Airways pilot.
Step 4 - Become an airline pilot
After reaching the FAA mandated 1500 hours of flight time, you will be eligible to earn your Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. As part of the RJet pilot training program, Republic will pay for both your ATP-CTP course and your hotel and ground transportation during the ATP-CTP!
Step 5 - Fly at Delta Air Lines
Republic Airways pilots receive access to a guaranteed application review program for Delta Air Lines. The major airlines await!
Why join Republic?
- About 1,000 daily flights
- 6,000+ employees
- Flying to 100 cities
- Fleet of 190 aircraft
Republic Airways pilot training FAQs
How much does a Republic Airways pilot make?
Annual pay at Republic Airways starts at $36,000 per year for new first officers and ranges up to $108,099 per year for Senior Captains.
What are Republic Airways' pilot requirements?
To work for Republic Airways as a pilot you must meet the following requirements:
- FAA Instrument rating and Commercial License
- Enrolled flight school student or FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- Maximum of 1,000 flight hours
- Maximum of one failed check ride
- Current FAA First Class Medical certificate
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone license
- Ability to legally work in the United States
- Current driver’s license
- Letter of recommendation
- Interview with recruiter and line pilot
Request info today!
Please complete the form below to contact our team for more information on our Flight Academy.