L3Harris Flight Academy
L3Harris Flight Academy and Silver Airways have come together to offer L3Harris cadets an opportunity to kickstart their career by transitioning seamlessly from flight school to an airline career through our pilot training whilst receiving excellent mentorship and guidance as well as helpful resources!
Silver Airways Emerging Aviators
Our pilot training programs are designed to help you qualify as a pilot with Silver Airways. Enrolling in our Accelerated Airline Pilot Track at our Orlando flight school will provide you with the opportunity to apply to become a Silver Airways "Emerging Aviator".
Silver Airways Emerging Aviators pilot training program includes multiple entry points specifically designed to cultivate a meaningful relationship with each pilot candidate prior to joining the team as a First Officer.
- Initial Approach Phase: Up to $10,000 in financial assistance in obtaining your additional certificates and ratings, including multi-engine, CFI, CFII and MEI
- In Range Phase: Receive up to $5,000 to reach FAA minimum requirements, plus receive paid ATP-CTP training (transportation and housing also included)
- Cleared Direct Phase: If selected to join the Silver Airways team as a First Officer, you will receive a $17,000 sign-on bonus
From Silver Airways to United Airlines
Step 1 - Enroll at L3Harris
The first step in your journey to becoming a Silver Airways airline pilot is to enroll in our Accelerated Airline Pilot Track. This program includes accredited curriculum and airline oriented training that can take you from no experience to becoming a Certified Flight Instructor in as little as 15 months!
Step 2 - Join the Silver Airways pilot training program - Emerging Aviator Program
The next step is to apply to the Silver Emerging Aviator Program. You become eligible after earning 250 hours and receive a Commercial Certificate and Instrument Rating. Receive up to $10,000 in financial assistance in obtaining your additional certificates and ratings, including multi-engine, CFI, CFII and MEI!
In case you have completed more than 1,000 hours of flight time but have not yet accumulated 1,450 hours you will be able to join the program still and you will be eligible for financial assistance of up to $5,000 to achieve the FAA minimum requirements as well as receive paid ATP-CTP training.
Step 3 - Build your experience
Those that complete our AAPT are guaranteed an interview to flight instruct at L3Harris in Florida. Our Instructors fly an average of 100 hours per month and 96% of our cadets who stay at L3Harris to instruct are placed at an airline!
Step 4 - Become an airline pilot
After reaching the FAA mandated 1500 hours of flight time, you will be eligible to earn your Airline Transport Pilot Certificate. If selected to join the Silver Airways team as First Officer, will receive a $12,000 sign-on bonus!
Why Join Silver Airways?
- $17,000 sign on bonus
- 125+ daily flights to 18 destinations
- About 32 daily flights
- 460+ employees
- Leading regional US carrier operating between Florida, the Bahamas and the southeast
- Vacation time of up to 9 days accrued 1st calendar year; 16 days for years 2-6
- 401K contributions
How much does a Silver Airways pilot make?
On average, pilots in the USA earn $97,160 per year. As a Silver Airways pilot, your annual salary is above average at $99,704.
How much does pilot training cost?
How much does pilot training cost?
- Accelerated Airline Pilot Track cost = $94,999
- International program cost = $98,000
- Airline Transport Pilot Certification Training Program (ATP CTP) cost = $3,995
The cost of pilot training is reflective of several things; from the quality of training, access to cutting edge facilities, career prospects, and future earning potential.
We recognize that pilot training is a large investment; cadets have access to a number of funding options including:
What are Silver Airways' pilot requirements?
To work for Silver Airways as a pilot you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a US work permit that allows you to work for any employer without sponsorship
- You have a valid passport
- You hold ATP Qualifications
- If you wish to apply for the Restricted ATP you must comply with AC 61-139, FAR 61.159 and FAR 61.160
- You have a current First Class Medical with First Class Privileges, and an FCC license
- ideally you have an ATP certificate
- You have no FAA violations, suspensions or current investigations and are able to pass a DOT Drug and Alcohol Screen, and Criminal Background Check