L3Harris Flight Academy
Student Loans for Flight School
For many aspiring pilots, one of the main considerations is financing. At L3Harris Flight Academy we have a range of flight school loans for students to fund pilot training.
How to pay for flight school
One of the most frequently asked questions is ‘how to pay for flight school?’
We understand the cost of pilot training is a large financial commitment. The cost is reflective of the quality of training, the future financial rewards and the many other benefits of being a pilot.
Flight school loans are a source of financial aid to help fund your pilot training. From federal student loans to private and state flight school loans, we have a loan option for you.
Stratus Financial flight school student loans
Stratus Financial was founded by FAA Certificated Flight and Ground Instructors passionate about helping others achieve their aviation dreams. They know it’s not just about achieving your dreams, but funding your dreams as well.
Request info Take me to Stratus
Meritize flight school student loans
L3Harris Flight Academy has partnered with Meritize to offer educational financing for approved training programs. Qualified students could borrow up to 100% of the cost of training.
Request info Take me to Meritize
Sallie Mae flight school student loans
We've also teamed up with Sallie Mae to offer financing options to help fund pilot training. With a Smart Option Student Loan from Sallie Mae you could borrow up to 100% of the cost of training, and benefit from flexible repayment options.
Repaying your flight school loans
When applying for flight school loans there are several things that every applicant needs to be aware of.
As all types of pilot training loans need to be repaid, it is important to ensure that you have a plan in place and the means to repay the loan within the repayment window. Each type of loan will have a different repayment window, so be sure to look at this carefully, along with the interest rate.
To ensure that you can stick to the repayment conditions of your loan, never borrow more than is necessary for the cost of your training program.
Always carefully read the paperwork and terms & conditions of your loan so you are aware of your rights and responsibilities.
If you have applied for multiple flight school loans to cover the cost of your tuition, you could consider private loan consolidation to help you keep on top of loan repayments.Request info
Pros and cons of private student loans for flight school
- Private student flight school loans could help you to cover flight school funding if you are not eligible for scholarships or grants
- It’s possible to receive loans with higher borrowing limits with private student loans compared to federal funding options
- Private flight school loans also often have lower interest rates compared with Federal loans, which can make repayments more affordable
- Eligibility for private student loans for flight school can be entirely dependent on credit history
- If you have a lower credit score it could mean that you end up having to pay higher interest rates compared to federal loans
- Some private loans require repayments to begin while you are still attending your flight school course
- Federal loan options typically offer more flexibility on repayment plans and can be easier to negotiate late or overdue payment issues
Request info today!
Please complete the form below to contact our team for more information on our Flight Academy.