What would my day look like as a pilot?
- Categories Career prospects
As a commercial airline pilot working from a regional or major airline you can expect to work weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Commercial pilots are responsible for navigating and flying passengers and cargo planes from A to B safely and efficiently.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing pre-and-post-flight aircraft inspections
- Planning and selecting safe flight routes with First Officers
- Identifying and problem-solving risks that may occur
- Keeping accurate records for compliance reasons
- Communicating with air traffic control regarding the flight plan, air traffic, weather and other external factors which may impact the flight
- Monitoring aircraft engines, fuel levels, and aircraft systems
- Flying the aircraft using visual flight rules and instruments