L3Harris Flight Academy
If you are thinking about a pilot career but are still deciding which flight school would be right for you, or perhaps you’re just interested in becoming a pilot for fun or business but haven’t got any flying experience, then why not book a Discovery Flight at the L3Harris Flight Academy in Sanford, Florida and take to the skies!
How to book a Discovery Flight
For just $99 you will be taken up to the skies by one of our experienced Instructors for a 45-minute flight around the local area; that might even include flying over Epcot and the Magic Kingdom!
From our campus at Sanford you will experience an international airport environment complete with air traffic control (ATC). Once up in the air, you might even get an opportunity to take the controls and experience what it’s like to be a pilot in command (PIC)!
To book your Discovery Flight, press the button below where you will be directed to a payment page, followed by the option to select your preferred Discovery Flight time and date!
If you are thinking of booking a Discovery Flight then why not combine it with a tour of the campus? When you speak with a member of the team, let them know you’d like a guided tour and they will be happy to show you our facilities, including:
- Our hanger and fleet of modern training aircraft
- Study zones
- Flight operations center
- Onsite accommodation
Why choose to train at L3Harris Flight Academy?
- Heritage - At L3Harris we have been training pilots for over the 30 years and during that time we have helped thousands of pilots launch their dream careers. Our former students are now flying as pilots for regional airlines across the US as well as major international carriers
- Employment opportunities - Whether you’re seeking a career in aviation or just want to learn for fun, we’ve got a program suitable for you. Students on our Professional Pilot Program (PPP) or Accelerated Airline Pilot Track (AAPT) are guaranteed an interview to become a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) on successful completion of training, giving them the opportunity to work for L3Harris as a CFI and earn money while building your flight hours
- Career prospects – The 10 regional airlines we work with all offer Pilot Pathways designed to help you begin your pilot career – some of the Pilot Pathways even offer tuition reimbursement of up to $15,000. Regional airlines regularly send representatives to our Sanford campus to speak with students and CFIs about career opportunities with their airline
- Funding options - We have numerous finance options to help you fund your pilot training, from Aviation Scholarships to state flight school loans and Federal Financial Aid. For more information speak with one of our Admissions Officers when you book your Discovery Flight