L3Harris Flight Academy
Your Journey to
Becoming a Pilot
Pilot Training Programs
- Accelerated Airline Pilot Track - This can be the quickest route to becoming a pilot as it’s possible to complete the AAPT program in 12 months. Guaranteed interview to become a CFI on successful completion of the program. Funding options such as Stratus Financial, Meritize and Sallie Mae flight school student loans are available
- International Program - Pilot training for international students takes approximately 56 weeks with a guaranteed interview to become an L3Harris CFI and build up the necessary flight hours to apply for a role as First Officer
Have You Recently Graduated High School or College?
Have you recently graduated from high school or college? Choosing what to do next can be one of your biggest challenges yet. How to decide what to do next:
- Concentrate on what you’re passionate about
- Ask yourself; ‘what type of person am I?’
- Do your research
Becoming a commercial pilot can be a very rewarding career choice and you don’t need any previous flying experience to start your pilot journey with us.
Thinking About a Career Change?
Signs it’s time for a career change:
- Self-esteem and confidence
- You’re only there for the money
- Dreaming of a different career
- Lacking energy and motivation
- Forgetting why you started
- Envious of your friends & families’ jobs
Don’t regret the choice you didn’t make, it’s easy to take that first step on your pilot journey today.
Do You Live Overseas But Want to Train in the U.S.?
Traveling overseas to study can be truly rewarding. You’ll meet and train alongside like-minded people and make friendships for life.
Tips for relocating to our aviation school in Flordia, USA:
- Apply for a visa, if necessary
- Plan your funding
- Open a student bank account
- Make sure your passport and driving license is valid
- Take out health insurance & travel insurance
After Serving in the Armed Forces?
We are proud to support USA veterans as they finish serving in the armed forces and prepare to re-enter the civilian workforce.
Being in the military takes determination, hard work, and discipline; all skills which can make you a successful commercial pilot!
Those in Part 141 training may be eligible for VA reimbursement.
Take the first step to an exciting new career in aviation!
What Pilot Jobs Are Available When I Graduate?
Our pilot training programs are designed to be the first step into a rewarding career in aviation.
You could go on to become a:
- Private pilot
- Commercial pilot for a major airline
- Regional airline commercial pilot
- Certified Flight Instructor
- Cargo pilot
We are proud to have affiliations with legacy, major, regional and charter airlines that regularly visit our Florida flight school to interview our CFIs and provide career advice and guidance for all cadets.
With our AAPT program, graduate cadets are guaranteed an interview to become a Certified Flight Instructor with L3Harris; CFIs build the 1,500hrs needed to qualify for a First Officer position - in fact, 96% of graduates who stay with us to build their flight hours go on to be placed with airlines!
Why L3Harris Flight Academy?
- Courses approved by the FAA
- State of the art facilities & a modern training fleet of 5 different FTDs & over 100 single-and-multi-engine aircraft - Cirrus SR20, Cessna 172P & 172SP, Piper Archer, Piper Seminole
- 96% of graduates who stay with us to build flight hours go on to be placed with airlines
- We work with multiple airlines (with pathways to United, American, and Delta)
- 100% of funding is available for those who qualify
- Guaranteed Flight Instructor interview upon graduation