L3Harris Flight Academy
Your journey to becoming a pilot
Pilot training programs
Our pilot training programs equip you with all the knowledge and flying skills you need to launch a career as a commercial pilot, Flight Instructor, or cargo pilot:
- Professional Pilot Program - Pilot training takes approximately 56 weeks with a guaranteed interview to become an L3Harris CFI and build up the necessary flight hours to apply for a role as First Officer. Funding options such as Meritize and Sallie Mae flight school student loans are available. Federal Financial Aid is available to those who qualify to cover up to 100% of program fees
- Accelerated Airline Pilot Track - This can be the quickest route to becoming a pilot as it’s possible to complete the AAPT program in 12 months. Guaranteed interview to become a CFI on successful completion of the program. Funding options such as Meritize and Sallie Mae flight school student loans are available, but the AAPT is not eligible for Federal Financial Aid
- Commercial Pilot Track - Helps cadets to pursue a career as a commercial pilot but are not necessarily interested in becoming a Flight Instructor. Funding options such as Sallie Mae flight school student loans are available
Have you recently graduated high school or college?
Have you recently graduated from high school or college? Choosing what to do next can be one of your biggest challenges yet.
How to decide what to do next:
- Concentrate on what you’re passionate about
- Ask yourself; ‘what type of person am I?’
- Do your research
- Don’t panic
Becoming a commercial pilot can be a very rewarding career choice and you don’t need any previous flying experience to start your pilot journey with us.A pilot career after education
Are you thinking about a career change?
Signs it’s time for a career change:
- Self-esteem and confidence
- You’re only there for the money
- Dreaming of a different career
- Lacking energy and motivation
- Forgetting why you started
- Envious of your friends & families’ jobs
Don’t regret the choice you didn’t make, it’s easy to take that first step on your pilot journey today.Request info
Do you live overseas but want to train in the USA?
Traveling overseas to study can be truly rewarding. You’ll meet and train alongside like-minded people and make friendships for life.
We appreciate it’s a big financial commitment, but we’ll help you source accommodation and settle into your new surroundings.
Tips for relocating to our aviation school in Flordia, USA:
- Apply for a visa, if necessary
- Plan your funding
- Open a student bank account
- Make sure your passport and driving license is valid
- Take out health insurance & travel insurance
- Arrange your travel to and from the airport to your accommodation
Make sure any prescription medicine is in date & bring copies of medical certificatesRequest info
After serving in the armed forces?
We are proud to support USA veterans as they finish serving in the armed forces and prepare to re-enter the civilian workforce.
Being in the military takes determination, hard work, and discipline; all skills which can make you a successful commercial pilot!
We have a Veterans Scholarship specifically for USA veterans which can help you cover up to $15,000 of your pilot training costs. Those in Part 141 training may be eligible for VA reimbursement. For more information, please visit our Aviation Scholarships page.
Take the first step to an exciting new career in aviation!Request info
What pilot jobs are available when I graduate?
Our pilot training programs are designed to be the first step into a rewarding career in aviation.
You could go on to become a:
- Private pilot
- Commercial pilot for a major airline
- Regional airline commercial pilot
- Certified Flight Instructor
- Cargo pilot
We are proud to have 10 affiliations with regional airlines that regularly visit our Florida flight school to interview our CFIs and provide career advice and guidance for all cadets.
With our PPP and AAPT programs, graduate cadets are guaranteed an interview to become a Certified Flight Instructor with L3Harris; CFIs build the 1,500hrs needed to qualify for a First Officer position - in fact, 96% of graduates who stay with us to build their flight hours go on to be placed with airlines!
How much does pilot training cost?
Whether you’ve just finished high school, are thinking about a career change or you’re traveling from overseas, pilot training is a significant investment into your future. A future with an attractive salary, career progression, a certification obtained from a leading USA flight academy, and plenty of other perks like healthcare.
Our pilot training program costs:
- Professional Pilot Program (PPP) = $83,995
- Accelerated Airline Pilot Track (AAPT) = $83,995
- Commercial Pilot Track (CPT) = $66,995
- Airline Transport Pilot Certification Training Program (ATP CTP) = $3,995
- Private Pilot License = $12,875
We offer a variety of funding options to cover the costs of your pilot training:
- Meritize flight school student loans
- Sallie Mae flight school student loans
- Aviation scholarships
- Flight school loans and grants
- Private funding alternatives
- Federal Financial Aid (only available to those who qualify and enroll on our PPP)
Why L3Harris Flight Academy?
- Courses approved by the FAA
- State of the art facilities & a modern training fleet of 5 different FTDs & over 60 single-and-multi-engine aircraft - Cirrus SR20, Cessna 172P & 172SP, Piper Archer, Piper Seminole
- 96% of graduates who stay with us to build flight hours go on to be placed with airlines
- We work with 10 airlines (with pathways to United, American, and Delta)
- 100% of funding is available for those who qualify
- Guaranteed Flight Instructor interview upon graduation
Our pilot training programs: Professional Pilot Program, ATP and CPT can kick start a successful career in aviation. Whether you’re looking to become a private pilot, a Certified Flight Instructor or a commercial airline pilot, we’ve got a program suitable for you. For more information, please do not hesitate to request info.